Instagib Sentinels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohmahgerd it is still here
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 5:34 pm by Angelis

» IS Teams??
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:52 pm by Swift

» Amun Khalfani's Application
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 pm by Guest

» Creative Ideas and Suggestions
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:11 pm by Guest

» JKA Instagib Server
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 am by DeadEye

» The First Ever -IS-Instagib Tournament
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 3:34 pm by Guest

» Automatic Forumotion Title
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:13 am by Nightmare

» A idea for A rank system for IS
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 1:33 am by Nawa

» What's your usual JK2 insta skin?
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:42 am by DeadEye

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

IS to be first clan in new mod?

5 posters

Go down

Become part of the JKG community?

IS to be first clan in new mod? I_vote_lcap57%IS to be first clan in new mod? I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_vote_lcap29%IS to be first clan in new mod? I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
IS to be first clan in new mod? I_vote_lcap14%IS to be first clan in new mod? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

IS to be first clan in new mod? Empty IS to be first clan in new mod?

Post  M@++ Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Alright, so I've been playing on your server, and I have had a kick ass time owning you guys, but when I'm not on your server, I'm helping out with this mod called Jedi Knight Galaxies (JKG). Since the mod was released relatively recently, not that many players are in it, and some clans have started to get involved. From what I have seen, your clan is full of fun and *interesting* people to say the least. I was wondering if you guys would like to be one of the first clans involved in the uprising of this amazing mod! Very Happy

So, to help out those noobs who don't know what JKG is:

Jedi Knight Galaxies is an immersive, competitive and innovative multiplayer shooter, played out in the Star Wars universe; one of the most loved settings ever to grace the sci-fi community. It features a heavy aspect on Co-op and Role play, as well as interesting minigames, exploration and Player vs. Player combat. In short; Jedi Knight Galaxies is the most fulfilling Star Wars Shooter, as well as RPG, that you will ever find for the PC.

The project will be released in phases, each building on to the previous one with more aspects of the final goal - a Large Multiplayer Online Role-Play First Person Shooter, starting off with JKG: Versus. Engage other players in a classic FPS manner, in an authentic Star Wars setting, utilizing a huge variety of weapons and gear.

As development progresses, cooperative aspects and player vs. enemy combat will be implemented in the storyline-driven, mission based JKG: CoOp. Improved dialog and cinematic features, along with skills, powers and more aspects that belong in a Role-Play Game. Experiencing the compelling story in the galaxy, set between episode III and IV, will be the goal of JKG: RPG. Finally, the full-fledged JKG: LMO takes the experience to a much grander level.

Large Multiplayer

Play with your friends online, as you immerse yourself in the Star Wars universe together. The Party System makes it possible for friends to band together and take on challenges as a team. JKG servers support up to 64 players.

Shooter

JKG brings the best from a handful of shooters and combines it, to create a unique blend of online shooters and Multiplayer Role Playing Games. JKG is a complete overhaul of JK: JA’s original slow-paced shooting and brings new features such as, but far from limited to: Iron sights, Recoil and plethora of weapons to choose between and master. The extremely flexible weapon system of JKG provides an incredible array of completely overhauled combat, to bring a much more realistic view of the weapons in the expanded Star Wars universe.

Minigames

At the moment, JKG has incorporated two minigames - the card game of Pazaak, which can be played against an AI or fellow players, and Slice, the Star Wars equivalent of hacking. The powerful lua coding language provides support for easy incorporation of further aspects into the game.

Advanced Graphics

Apart from having high quality maps, models and effects, post-processing effects have been implemented, for instance blur, motion blur and color adjustments. Along with the new, smooth cinematics system, this will sure provide a pleasing experience for the eye.

Photos:

IS to be first clan in new mod? FullHUD
IS to be first clan in new mod? Jamp_2011-09-05_17-18-56-12
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/12/11580/landspeeder2.png
IS to be first clan in new mod? Vlcsnap-00006

(Please note that some of the features represented in some of these photos have been updated and had a makeover)

Videos:

[/youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KRPZFy8m3I4[/youtube]
(Please note that the stuttering was cause from FRAPS, not the actual mod itself)

[/youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SQ6NgCloD24[/youtube]

All of this, and much much more can be seen at their main page @ http://www.terrangaming.com/projects/jkg/ or their moddb page @ http://www.moddb.com/mods/jkgalaxies
I strongly recommend you check both of those sites out, as you can see the latest updates, and more interesting pictures and videos of the mod in its current state. If you want to be involved in this mod, please reply here, and I'll tell you the steps to get yourselves involved in this limit breaking mod!

M@++

Upvote Ratio : 0

Back to top Go down

IS to be first clan in new mod? Empty Re: IS to be first clan in new mod?

Post  Angelis Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:17 pm

TBH dude we play games the way they are ment to be....not by mods

another thing is I believe this mod is for jka not jko
Angelis
Angelis

Upvote Ratio : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  M@++ Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Ah yes I forgot to mention it was for JKA, but I assumed Dudeman had already informed you guys after I brought it up in the server yesterday, my apologies. And on the note of it being a mod, it doesn't deserve to be called a mod, it's even more than just a total conversion. It goes beyond all the limits, it has new coding, better graphics, new systems being introduced, and a system that is going to be very similar to an open world type of game. Please, don't just automatically reject JKG just because it's a "mod". It has been in development for years, and the devs are still dedicated to it, and would love to see nothing more than people and clans to give it a try and say what they think.

Edit: Also, denying because it's a mod wouldn't be a fair thing to do, because you don't play JK2 mp the way it's supposed to be played, you play with mod such as instagib and Twifire. Razz

M@++

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Edit: Also, denying because it's a mod wouldn't be a fair thing to do, because you don't play JK2 mp the way it's supposed to be played, you play with mod such as instagib and Twifire.

fair enough Very Happy
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nawa Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Well, first let me say that I'm honored by the request.

JKG's purpose has evolved from when I first heard about it, years ago, and I'm gladdened to see it's come this far. I will need to discuss this possibility with Swift and the rest of -IS-, but the prospects are looking good. I don't know how many people in this guild play JKA, but JKG does seem like a great thing. I'd be all for this, though we'd need a few things to work out.

So what do the rest of you think? I'm leaning for it, but I need input from people who aren't me.
Nawa
Nawa
Co-Leader

Upvote Ratio : 1

https://instagibsentinels.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 pm

First of all, higher graphics. Im in by that standard alone Razz
Deuce
Deuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Nawa Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Wellp, seems I'll have to reinstall JKA and officially check this out!

EDIT: If I can find my JKA disc.

EDIT x2:: Found it!
Nawa
Nawa
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Yea... I've bought jka like two times. And when I tried instaling it (not that long ago either), it wouldn't work. And I really don't feel like buying it a third time.
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Nawa Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Nightmare wrote:Yea... I've bought jka like two times. And when I tried instaling it (not that long ago either), it wouldn't work. And I really don't feel like buying it a third time.

What was the problem?
Nawa
Nawa
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  M@++ Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Well, you don't have to "buy" JKA, it's a relatively old game, so it wouldn't be that bad if you torrented it. Plus, all you would have to do is install it and delete the iso file or what have you, JKG comes with a built in no-cd patch.

M@++

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Nawa wrote:
Nightmare wrote:Yea... I've bought jka like two times. And when I tried instaling it (not that long ago either), it wouldn't work. And I really don't feel like buying it a third time.

What was the problem?

Instal failed.

M@++ wrote:Well, you don't have to "buy" JKA, it's a relatively old game, so it wouldn't be that bad if you torrented it. Plus, all you would have to do is install it and delete the iso file or what have you, JKG comes with a built in no-cd patch.

Yea, thats my best option atm.
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Deuce Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 pm

I had that problem too. Right click the application for JKA and select "Run as Administrator", it works fine then.
Deuce
Deuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Nawa Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:39 pm

I've seen a few gameplay videos for JKG. It's beautiful.

Totally want to see how this will work out.
Nawa
Nawa
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Nope thats not it leo, it was instaling and was about to finish and it failed. Tried a second time and the same thing happened.
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Deuce Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:29 am

Did you try starting the install as the Administrator?
Deuce
Deuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 am

Yep, did that the second time. Anyways more on the topic, I too have watched some videos and it looks preety interesting.
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum